Smarter Safer Solutions
Smarter Safer Solutions is our registered training organisation (RTO 21754). It was established in 2006 in response to client’s requests for high level consultancy and training services.
We offer the following diploma and certificate courses –
Also the following units of competency
Other training services
- Manual handling
- Risk assessments
- How to complete JSA and Safe Work Method Statements
- Traffic management
- Tower rescue
- Operation of gas detectors
- Calibration of gas detection instruments
- Repair and servicing of breathing apparatus
- ISO 9001, 14001 and AS/NZS 4801 accreditation
- Personal Development Plans – behavioural assessments in workplaces
Just a note on training facilities – we are proud to advise that we have state of the art training facilities for our high risk training programs. These specially designed facilities and props enable all weather integrated training of the highest quality to be delivered, making the most effective use of time and best value for your training dollar. Students attending the training facility rave over the achievements attained and the easy access to state of the art equipment and facilities. These facilities have been established after detailed engagement with clients and enable a broad range of industry needs being exceptionally satisfied.
Smarter Safer Solutions has delivered specific outcomes to our clients in the following fields –
- Fatigue management
- Fatigue assessment
- Diving legal advice
- Expert evidence in workplace health and safety, diving and commercial diving matters at County Court and Supreme Court
- Behavioural science
- Workplace culture interpretation and enhancement
- Smart workplace integration
- Gas detection and assessment of VOC
- OH&S management of workplaces during times of leave or during times when an extra effort is required
- Incident investigation and root cause analysis
- Confined spaces rescue plans
- Confined spaces rescue and medical teams
- Plant and safety assessments
- High risk environment assessments and management plans
- Workplace culture reward programs
- Environmental monitoring services
- Noise monitoring
- Light assessments
- Particulate monitoring
- Asbestos reports for workplaces and clearance certificates
- Air quality monitoring and certificates of compliance
- Hydrostatic cylinder test station 271 under SAI Global
- Writing training materials for Swinburne University – Lead Auditor
- Writing training materials for the Australian Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians
Complete shutdown services
Smarter Safer Solutions will manage your entire OH&S requirements for your shutdown. This includes providing staff and all equipment for confined spaces and working at heights. Our services include providing up to 40 sets of breathing apparatus, powered filter apparatus, rope rescue devices, stretchers and everything you require including fire protection services. Our paperwork and systems of work are second to none and these are used to support all businesses regardless of size to exceed your safety and efficiency expectations. Our staff are trained to Advanced First Aid as a minimum and we provide oxygen and defibrillation equipment. Other staff is qualified to Remote Medical Practitioner under the AREMT as well as EMT qualified.
We have trailers and systems of plant and equipment to supply high pressure compressed medical air with certificates of analysis to AS/NZS1715/1716 plus three phase portable compressors delivering high volumes of breathing air.
SSS had been awarded Worksafe award were winners of the 2008 Work Safe Victoria award and finalists in the 2009 Safe Work Australia awards for innovative designs for increasing safety in the workplace. The Work Safe and Safe Work Australia awards were a highlight for us seeing that our efforts in promoting safety were being recognised and encouraged us to strive for more.
We have also designed and manufacture the award winning patented SmartArm device; this device allows for rescue from confined spaces;
First Aid Kits
Smarter Safer Solutions do full service and restocking of First Aid Kits.